Steps to Becoming a Foster Parent:
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to help an animal in need.
- Complete a foster application and return. The application may be obtained below or by calling 774-3402.
Dog Foster Home Application | Cat Foster Home Application | Rabbit Foster Home Application
- Either email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the completed application to:
Friends of Noah-Wisconsin
P.O. Box 308
Janesville, WI 53547
Following approval of the foster application, a home visit will be conducted to further discuss the Friends of Noah-Wisconsin foster program and learn what animal would be the best match for the family. After visiting with the potential foster family and completion of the approval process, the foster family will be matched with an appropriate foster placement.
Expectations and Responsibilities of a Foster Family
- Have lots of patience and TLC to give.
- Supply food and basic needs for your foster animal.
- Observe and provide updates regarding the progress of your foster to Friends of Noah-WI.
- Help with pictures and animal information for Petfinder.
- Transport your foster animal to vet appointments if necessary.
- Visit with pre-approved adopters.
Available Support for Friends of Noah-Wisconsin Foster Families
- Available in-home training consultation
- Swimming at Dunkin’ Dawgs
- Socialization and Day Care at Dawg Zone
- Veterinary care at Badger Vet
- Bathing and grooming
- Respite care for vacationing foster families
- Someone always available for advice and/or to answer questions